Get ready to create the most beautiful garden displays this spring and summer with our collection of colourful bedding plants. Our high-quality range of bedding plants are available to purchase now.
What are Bedding Plants?
Fill your barrow and your beds with our beautiful bedding plants. Bedding plants are a popular choice for gardeners who want to add colour to their beds, borders and containers. Bedding plants can come in a variety of different shapes, sizes and colours, making them a fantastic versatile addition to any garden. Popular bedding plants include petunias, marigolds, pansies and impatiens.
What conditions do Bedding plants like?
Growing conditions for bedding plants are dependent on the plant species. Generally, most bedding plants prefer full sun or partial shade and well-drained soil. Bedding plants require regular watering, especially in hot and dry conditions.
Top tips for growing bedding plants
- Choose the right plants for your location. Consider the amount of sunlight, soil type, and temperature range in your garden before selecting your plants.
- Prepare your soil before planting. Ensure that your soil is well-draining and has sufficient organic matter to promote healthy growth.
- Water regularly. Bedding plants need consistent moisture to thrive, especially during hot and dry weather conditions.
- Fertilize your plants regularly. Use a balanced fertilizer to promote healthy growth and encourage blooming.
- Deadhead your plants. Removing spent blooms can encourage new growth and prolong the blooming period.
- Control pests and diseases. Regularly inspect your plants for signs of pests or diseases and take appropriate action to prevent and treat them.
- Mulch around your plants. Mulching can help retain moisture in the soil, regulate soil temperature, and suppress weeds.
- Prune as needed. Some bedding plants may benefit from occasional pruning to promote bushier growth or remove dead or damaged foliage.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your bedding plants grow healthy and produce vibrant blooms throughout the growing season.
From The Patch
Sign up to receive our newsletter to get the latest news, tips, and personalised offers when you enter your email address below: