TERMS & CONDITIONS
By purchasing plants from goldenvalleyplants.co.uk you enter a legally binding agreement with us on the following terms. You should read and understand these terms because they affect your rights and liabilities. These terms describe the basis for purchase by you and sale by us of the products described on this web site.
- Definitions and interpretation
In these terms the following words have the following meanings.
the contract for the sale and purchase of the Plants;
Only selected postcodes within England, Wales, and parts of Scotland. All offshore addresses are excluded eg: the Isle of Man, the Scottish Isles, Northern Ireland and the Channel Isles.
the range of plants and garden products (including any instalment of the plants or any parts for them) which are available for purchase from our web site in accordance with the terms;
the Web Site
our presence on the world wide web, currently accessible via the address www.goldenvalleyplants.co.uk;
the Seller, we, or us
goldenvalleyplants.co.uk is a trading Name of Allensmore Nurseries Ltd. Registered address: Allensmore Nurseries Ltd, Tram Inn, Allensmore, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR2 9AN. Company number 2202142. VAT number 136 039678
- Basis of the sale
- An agreement for us to sell you plants is made on these terms when we accept an order made by you via our Web Site. The description of the Plants, the price, VAT and delivery costs are set out in the order page. We will confirm acceptance of your order on-screen.
- We aim to give you a clear idea of the nature of the plants we sell. However, you appreciate that there are inevitably slight variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. Illustrations, descriptions other information as to particular plants are approximate and for guidance only. We may in our sole discretion from time to time vary the nature of the plants from that advertised without notice to you, so long as these variations are not material alterations.
- Details of the order
- The quantity, quality and description of the plants will be those set out in your order (if accepted by us).
- Orders are accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the plants are available, the order reflects current pricing, you are based in the Postcode delivery Area and your credit or account card is authorised for the transaction.
- The plants which can be ordered via our Web Site are only available for delivery to you if you are based in our postcode delivery Area.
- Price of the Plants
- If the price of the plants changes between the date we accept your order and the delivery date, we will let you know and ask you to confirm by e-mail that the new price is acceptable. If it is not acceptable then you will of course have the option of cancelling the order.
- Our charges for transport and packaging are detailed on the order page and will be added to the total price of the Plants.
- Payment terms
- We will charge your credit card account for payment upon receipt of order. We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give us the right payment details.
- If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the plants from your account on delivery of the plants to you, we can cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
- We will take all reasonable care to keep all information connected with your order secure but we cannot be held liable for any loss that you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data, including credit and account details you provide when accessing or ordering from this Web Site, unless this is solely due to our negligence.
- We will deliver the plants to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. Please be precise about where you would like the plants left if you are out when we deliver. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the plants once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
- We will aim to deliver within the quoted time frame but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date will have to be extended.
- Risk and ownership
- Risk of damage to or loss of the plants passes to you at the time of delivery to you or, if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we tried to deliver.
- You will only own the plants once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Plants supplied are not for resale.
Peace of Mind Guarantee.
We want you to be delighted with the products you buy from us, which is why we guarantee that we fully comply with your rights to return items under the Distance Selling Regulations. Please read our Delivery and Returns for full information.
- Is it in season? Plants will look different depending on the time of year. Out of season plants may be very bare in winter periods
- The images on the site are generally of a mature plant; what you ordered may have been a plug. A plug is a developing plant, nurtured through the early growth stages in a small container of nutrient rich compost/potting soil, ready to be ‘plugged’ into your garden. Please check your order confirmation if at all unsure.
It’s important that you take an image of plant as soon as possible so there is no doubt as to its condition when it was received. We may request the plant is returned to us for further investigation so we can establish the cause of the problem.
Not Planting Until The Weekend?
Should you receive your plants but have no plans to transplant within 24 hours then please bear in mind they are ‘Live’. Please ensure you open the packaging, water the plant and expose it to daylight until you are ready to plant. See care instructions for individual details.
We want you to be delighted with your purchases.
- If you are unhappy with your plants, please email our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of delivery, with pictures of the problem and a member of our sales team will aim to contact you within 2 working days, to arrange a refund or replacement.
- Damages on delivery should be notified to us within 48 hours. If you think that your plants arrived damaged, please take images on delivery and attach copies to your email.
- If you have a valid claim in respect of any of Plants which is based on any defect in their quality or condition or their failure to meet specification in accordance with the Contract, and you have returned the Plants within a reasonable time, you will be entitled to choose either a refund of the price of the Plants or replacement Plants free of charge.
- We shall not be liable to you in connection with any contract, in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise for any loss of profit, anticipated savings or data that your business may suffer.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- We will use reasonable commercial endeavours to keep the Web Site up to date but the information and specifications given are for your information only and are subject to change without notice. Pictures on the Web Site are generally accurate but variations in colour, shape and size must be expected as plants are living and unique.
- The content of the Web Site is directed solely at those who access the site from addresses within the Delivery Area.
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other web sites to which this Web Site may have links.
- Matters out of our control
We will not be liable to you or in breach of the Contract for delay or failure to perform due to a cause beyond our reasonable control.
Late deliveries and other problems.
We do of course make every effort to ensure that your order will arrive within the delivery times shown on the website. Unfortunately, on rare occasions this may not always be possible. Should your order be delayed or fail to arrive when expected, please contact us immediately by email (email@example.com) and we will do our best to resolve any problems. (Please note that our liability does not extend to providing compensation for late or failed deliveries.) We make every reasonable effort to ensure that your order meets – and hopefully exceeds – your expectations. Of course, in rare cases things can sometimes go wrong and we will always do everything we can to rectify any problems in a quick and satisfactory manner. However please note that we cannot be held responsible for any resulting additional expense you may incur unless with our prior agreement.
- All names, logos, slogans, or other phrases may be a trade mark of goldenvalleyplants.co.uk or another person or organisation.
- All images are the property of goldenvalleyplants.co.uk or are being used with permission of the copyright holder.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this Web Site and these terms at any time.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of our service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emails to you will be to the address you specify to us. It is important that you give us an accurate and valid e-mail address and contact telephone number and tell us of any changes to them.
- If either we or you fail to enforce a right under these terms, that failure will not stop us or you from enforcing the other rights, or the same type of right on a later occasion.
- To the extent that any provision of these terms is found by any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision will be deemed not to be a part of these terms, it will not affect the enforceability of the remainder of these terms nor will it affect the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- The headings in these terms are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms will be governed by English law and any disputes will be resolved exclusively by the English Courts.
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and be a resident of the UK to enter this competition. By entering the competition you are confirming you have the legal capacity to do so and agree to these terms and conditions. There is no entry fee and no purchase required.No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason. Maximum of 2 entries per person. Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be disqualified. This prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and not for resale. There are no cash alternatives or alternative prizes available. The winner will be randomly selected from all valid entries and will be formally notified within 7 days of the closing date and the notification will include details on how the prize can be claimed. Prize will be delivered within 10-14 days. Delivery is free to a UK Mainland Address, other address may be subject to a delivery charge. One winner of the prize will be drawn at random and notified by e-mail. If contact cannot be made within 14 days of the draw date, the prize will be forfeited and a further random draw will be made.The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Allensmore Nurseries Ltd decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.Prize winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity via social media. Use of false name or addresses, for example, a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. Entrants may only enter this prize draw once. These rules are governed by English law. By entering this prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these rules. The promoter is Allensmore Nurseries T/A Golden Valley Plants
All of the above Terms & Conditions are applicable and delivery terms apply. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers and excludes all of our Hellebore Collection of plants.